S. Watts Group, Inc.
608 Morrow Street, Suite 100
Austin, TX 78752
- Types of Personal Information We Collect
- How S. Watts Group, Inc. Collects Personal Information
- How S. Watts Group, Inc. Uses Personal Information
- When and Why S. Watts Group, Inc. Discloses Personal Information
- Cookies and Related Technologies
- Referring Friends to S. Watts Group, Inc.
- Your Choices
- Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
- Security of Personal Information
- Privacy Practices of Third Parties
- California Privacy Rights
- Children’s Privacy
1. Types of Personal Information We Collect
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. It also includes other information that may be associated with Personal Information. We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of S. Watts Group, Inc..
- Relationship Information that helps us to understand who you are and what types of stories you might like, or stories you have submitted or viewed. This includes lifestyle information; location information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood; areas of interest, the types of issues that interest you, information collected from social media interactions (such as via Facebook); demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender); information about products you have purchased; and information about friends who refer you or who you have referred.
- Transaction Information about how you interact with S. Watts Group, Inc., and other information about how you use our Sites, email, other communications, and applications
2. How S. Watts Group, Inc. Collects Personal Information
We may ask you for Personal Information (including Contact Information and Relationship Information) when you interact with the Sites or contact S. Watts Group, Inc..
We also collect Transaction Information if you contact us via telephone, email, text, postal mail, social media interaction, or other methods of communication, such as for customer support purposes.
We may collect information that you provide us about other people when you access or refer S. Watts Group, Inc. to friends or referral contacts.
We may receive additional Personal Information from other third parties. We may use this Personal Information to enhance other information we have and to otherwise enhance the Sites or S. Watts Group, Inc. services.
3. How S. Watts Group, Inc. Uses Personal Information
S. Watts Group, Inc. uses Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve our Sites;
- Provide customers with offers for products and services from participating merchants, including offers based on variables such as stated and anticipated customer interests, personal characteristics, or location;
- Obtain stories of giving;
- Secure clearances and releases;
- Evaluate eligibility of stories;
- Evaluate the types of stories that may be of interest to customers;
- Track redemption of S. Watts Group, Inc. offers and perform other analytics;
- Provide customer support, including to our merchants or business partners;
- Fulfill requests for S. Watts Group, Inc. services;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about S. Watts Group, Inc.;
- Provide releases and advertisements to you through the Sites, email messages, text messages, applications, or other methods of communication;
- Administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our partners; and
4. When and Why S. Watts Group, Inc. Discloses Personal Information
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties except to:
- Affiliated companies (e.g., subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by S. Watts Group, Inc.) who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described in Section 3 above.
- Our service providers that provide services for us such as sending emails on our behalf. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect the Personal Information and are only allowed to use the Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them.
- Merchants, publishers and the public regarding any and all stories told, used, shared or otherwise made available to S. Watts Group, Inc..
- S. Watts Group, Inc. business partners or advertisers, as part of an offer, contest, or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with S. Watts Group, Inc. and its business partners and in which you have elected to participate. For example, if you are referred to S. Watts Group, Inc. from a business partner’s website or through an invitation facilitated by or in conjunction with an S. Watts Group, Inc. business partner, S. Watts Group, Inc. may provide that business partner with Contact Information and Transactional Information to validate the referral and to support the terms of the relationship between S. Watts Group, Inc. and the business partner, which may allow such business partner to contact you directly and to advertise to you.
- Effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise commercialize or publicize the property and stories of S. Watts Group, Inc.; to support the sale or transfer of business assets; to enforce our rights or protect our property including rights to stories, true story rights and intellectual property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose Personal Information to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts. If S. Watts Group, Inc. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
- We encourage S. Watts Group, Inc. partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your Personal Information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
We may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide our merchants, business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
5. Cookies and Related Technologies
When you use our Sites, we collect certain information by automated or electronic means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags and web beacons, browser analysis tools, and web server logs. As you use our Sites and applications, your browser and devices communicate with servers operated by us, our business partners and services providers to coordinate and record the interactivity and fill your requests for services and information.
The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on your mobile devices, which are then transmitted back to our Sites by your computers or mobile devices. These servers are operated and the cookies managed by us, our business partners or our service providers.
For example, when you visit our Sites, S. Watts Group, Inc. and our service providers may place cookies on your mobile devices. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return, track and target your interests in order to provide a customized experience. They also help us provide a customized experience and help us to detect certain kinds of fraud. A “cookie” is a small amount of information that a web server sends to your browser that stores information about your account, your preferences, and your use of the Sites. Some cookies contain serial numbers that allow us to connect your Site activity with other information we store about you in your profile or as related to your interactions with the Sites.
Some cookies are temporary, whereas others may be configured to last longer. “Session” cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as to manage page views. Your browser usually erases session cookies once you exit your browser. “Persistent” cookies are more permanent cookies that are stored on your mobile devices even beyond when you exit your browser. We use persistent cookies for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided and storing your preferences.
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access these pages or open email messages, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action to us, or our service providers. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information from the devices you use to access our Sites, your mobile device model, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the time zone of your device. Browsers routinely send these types of information to web servers. Our server logs also record the Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses of the devices you use to interact with the Sites. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website or application you were visiting before you came to our Site and the website or application you visit after you leave our Site, if this information is supplied to us by your browser.
6. Referring Friends to S. Watts Group, Inc.
S. Watts Group, Inc. enables you to refer friends to S. Watts Group, Inc.. If you wish to refer friends to S. Watts Group, Inc., we may provide you a unique referral link, which you can share directly with others via email, social media websites, or other communications methods.
7. Your Choices
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and the kinds of deals you like. However, you can limit the information you provide to S. Watts Group, Inc., and you can limit the communications that S. Watts Group, Inc. sends to you.
You may choose to subscribe to some types of messages, and may choose to unsubscribe from others. You may update your subscription preferences from time to time. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from promotional email messages, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information related to your story and/or release.
You may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. You can opt-out of being targeted by certain third party advertising companies online at www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp or http://preferences.truste.com/truste/.
You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share Location Information with S. Watts Group, Inc., as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
You may also manage the sharing of certain Personal Information with us when you connect with us through a social media platform or application, such as through Facebook. Please refer to the privacy settings of the social media website or application to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between S. Watts Group, Inc. and your social media account or your mobile device.
8. Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
You can do several things to help keep Personal Information about you current, which includes emailing and updating your information with S. Watts Group, Inc..
We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
9. Security of Personal Information
S. Watts Group, Inc. has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information, although there is no assurance that these controls will be effective under all circumstances. You are responsible for prevention of unauthorized access of your information and use.
10. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
13. California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of Personal Information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of Personal Information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by S. Watts Group, Inc. pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing us at the following address:
S. Watts Group, Inc. LLC
Attention: Privacy Office
608 Morrow Street, Suite 100
Austin, TX 78752
Please allow 30 days for a response.
14. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from Children under the age of 13.
Last updated August 3, 2015.